Bourn Reds score nine for the second match in a row
BYFC Reds 9 St Neots Town Sky Blues 1 Under-10s ANOTHER fantastic display of passing football from the Reds saw them hit nine for the second match in a row. A first half hat-trick from Jonah Steckly and a far post finish from Josh Haigh after a great run
BYFC Reds 9 St Neots Town Sky Blues 1
ANOTHER fantastic display of passing football from the Reds saw them hit nine for the second match in a row.
A first half hat-trick from Jonah Steckly and a far post finish from Josh Haigh after a great run gave Bassingbourn a 4-1 half time lead.
You may also want to watch:
The Reds kept up the pressure in the second half with Haigh completing his hat-trick and further goals from George French (two) and Joe Failletiaz gave the Reds a resounding 9-1 victory.
BYFC Whites 2 St Neots Town Dark Blues 4
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
THE Whites came up against a strong St Neots side but still played some good football.
St Neots started well and quickly took a 2-0 lead, before Bassingbourn hit back with two goals from Andy Jones.
The Whites looked the more likely to score further goals as the half went on but they couldn't add to their tally and went in at half time with the scores level at 2-2.
Their opponents looked stronger in the second half and only some fine defensive play from Sam Lay, Alex Collet-Sinfield and Charlie Catton on goal kept the blues at bay, but eventually the pressure told with Blues scoring two more to take the game 4-2.