Bourn let 1-0 lead slip
Bassingbourn Youth 1 Bishop s Stortford Athletic 4 Under-11s Division Two BASSINGBOURN began brightly with Tom King putting in some good runs down the left wing. They took the lead when right back Cameron MacGillivray won the ball in defence and set Doug
Bassingbourn Youth 1 Bishop's Stortford Athletic 4
Under-11s Division Two
BASSINGBOURN began brightly with Tom King putting in some good runs down the left wing.
They took the lead when right back Cameron MacGillivray won the ball in defence and set Doug Hilliard free on the right wing and some good passing moves later Jack Brough was on hand to score the opener.
Good defensive work by James May and goalkeeper John Dix ensured that Bourn went into half time with their lead intact.
Stortford began the second half on the attack and were quickly 2-1 up.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
Bourn were unlucky not to get another goal with Edward Sclare and Tom King hitting the post, and two further goals flattered the visitors who finished 4-1 victors.