Bourn just short of late comeback
Bassingbourn Youth 3 FC Comets 4 Under-12s Division Three BASSINGBOURN just missed out on a late comeback against FC Comet in this entertaining encounter. Ben Blower brought bourn level with just moments left but despite a late push they were unable to f
Bassingbourn Youth 3 FC Comets 4
Under-12s Division Three
BASSINGBOURN just missed out on a late comeback against FC Comet in this entertaining encounter.
Ben Blower brought 'bourn level with just moments left but despite a late push they were unable to find that all important fourth goal.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts began brightly with Tom Needham giving the FC Comets defence plenty to do and Nathan Beynon putting in a strong midfield performance but against the run of play the visitors took the lead with an easy tap in.
Becan Davies continued his good form for 'bourn in goal as he tipped a shot over the bar and then pushed another soon after around the post to keep Comet at bay while at the other end only a superb interception from the Comets defender denied Blower after he beat two men and rounded the 'keeper and put his shot goalwards.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Bassingbourn raised their game and Blower was again denied by a defender but this time his blocked effort rebounded to Lewis Bonfield who finished for his first of the season.
A crazy five minute spell in the second half effectively put 'bourn out of the game when FC Comets tore their defence to shreds with three goals in quick succession.
Although Davies could do nothing about the goals he again kept it from being five with a close range block.
With the match looking all over with only five minutes left, Jacob Stekly opened his account for the season as he chipped the 'keeper following a clearance and 'bourn increased the pressure when Ben Blower grabbed a third by slotting the ball under the keeper but it wasn't enough.