Bourn beaten despite strong start
Bassingbourn Youth 3 Royston Town Youth Colts 6 Under-12s Division Three BASSINGBOURN gave away a two goal lead as they lost at home against local rivals Royston on Sunday. The home team started well with plenty of possession and took a deserved lead when
Bassingbourn Youth 3 Royston Town Youth Colts 6
Under-12s Division Three
BASSINGBOURN gave away a two goal lead as they lost at home against local rivals Royston on Sunday.
The home team started well with plenty of possession and took a deserved lead when Ned Kelly fired home his first of the season when he met a Tom Needham cross from the right wing.
You may also want to watch:
Bassingbourn continued to have plenty of chances and soon added a second when Ben Blower's shot was parried by the 'keeper only for Jacob Stekly to follow up to tap home.
Then it was the same story for 'bourn as they let Royston back into the game when first they failed to mark a forward from a corner who headed home and then allowed the opposition to bundle the ball over the line for an equaliser.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
In the second half Royston were noticeably boosted by their comeback and started to get the upper hand and eventually took the lead.
Bassingbourn still were creating chances and Ben Blower's scrambled shot just crossed the line to equalise soon afterwards though.
Then came the turning point when Royston scored their fourth goal and the Bassingbourn 'keeper Becan Davies was injured trying to stop the ball crossing the line and had to go off.
Jonny Marriage took over in goal and the home team started to lose their way
From then on Royston took control adding another two goals although Callum Waller and Tom Needham both came close to scoring in the final stages.
Bassingbourn: Davies, Vines, Colling, Goldman, Beynon, Partridge, Kelly, Waller, Stekly, Blower, Needham. Subs: Marriage, Bonfield.