Bonfield races clear at top of championship
Royston Racer racks up three wins at Red lodge
ROYSTON RACER Callum Bonfield extended his lead at the top of the Rotax Mini Max Club 2000 Championship to over 100 points on Saturday following a successful day at Red Lodge.
Bonfield started Heat 1 in second place behind Ryan Hawes and despite falling behind the pace early on, Bonfield’s decision to race on slick tyres began to pay dividends as he did brilliantly to catch up with the race leader. In the end, though, he had to settle for second place.
Bonfield started from second place on the grid in Heat 2 behind Charlie Savage but it didn’t take long for Bonfield to cruise past his opponent and take a comfortable victory.
The Greneway pupil started Heat 3 from fourth but moved up to second by the first corner. He trailed race leader Savage for the majority of the race but eventually found a way past to take another deserved win.
You may also want to watch:
The final heat saw the Royston racer start on pole and it was a lights-to-flag victory to round off the day as Callum crossed the line with a ten second lead.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department