Bonfield races clear at top of championship
Royston Racer racks up three wins at Red lodge
ROYSTON RACER Callum Bonfield extended his lead at the top of the Rotax Mini Max Club 2000 Championship to over 100 points on Saturday following a successful day at Red Lodge.
Bonfield started Heat 1 in second place behind Ryan Hawes and despite falling behind the pace early on, Bonfield’s decision to race on slick tyres began to pay dividends as he did brilliantly to catch up with the race leader. In the end, though, he had to settle for second place.
Bonfield started from second place on the grid in Heat 2 behind Charlie Savage but it didn’t take long for Bonfield to cruise past his opponent and take a comfortable victory.
The Greneway pupil started Heat 3 from fourth but moved up to second by the first corner. He trailed race leader Savage for the majority of the race but eventually found a way past to take another deserved win.
You may also want to watch:
The final heat saw the Royston racer start on pole and it was a lights-to-flag victory to round off the day as Callum crossed the line with a ten second lead.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims