BMX - Rockets show their mettle at national BMX summer series
RACERS from the Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club were among the 300 riders from all the over the country that took part in the National BMX Summer Series on Sunday. The competition was held at Parc Bryn Bach in Tredegar and is the only national standard tr
RACERS from the Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club were among the 300 riders from all the over the country that took part in the National BMX Summer Series on Sunday.
The competition was held at Parc Bryn Bach in Tredegar and is the only national standard track in the country.
Daniel Blanche, the Rockets youngest rider at the event, came second in the six and under class.
Daniel's cousin, Jasia, was seventh and the third member of the family, Bradan, finished third in the 7 Year class B final.
You may also want to watch:
Ethan Lewis took fifth place in the 8 Year class, while the Royston riders in the 10 Year class swept the board with all three making the A final. Zach Stevens finished in first place and James Handleigh and Louis Burton finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Katie Roberts, took fifth place in the junior female class while her brother Jonathan continued his excellent start to the year's racing with another win in the junior male class.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
The two Elite Class riders also had a successful day on the track with Richard Townsend taking fourth in the B final and Laurence Mapp finishing in third in the class A final.
- The club's Tuesday night sessions at the Burns Road track have now started with gates opening at 6pm.
Anyone with a BMX or MTB bike is welcome.
For details of the sessions and other club and regional events visit the club website at www.roystonrockets.co.uk