BMX - Rockets show their mettle at national BMX summer series
RACERS from the Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club were among the 300 riders from all the over the country that took part in the National BMX Summer Series on Sunday. The competition was held at Parc Bryn Bach in Tredegar and is the only national standard tr
RACERS from the Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club were among the 300 riders from all the over the country that took part in the National BMX Summer Series on Sunday.
The competition was held at Parc Bryn Bach in Tredegar and is the only national standard track in the country.
Daniel Blanche, the Rockets youngest rider at the event, came second in the six and under class.
Daniel's cousin, Jasia, was seventh and the third member of the family, Bradan, finished third in the 7 Year class B final.
Ethan Lewis took fifth place in the 8 Year class, while the Royston riders in the 10 Year class swept the board with all three making the A final. Zach Stevens finished in first place and James Handleigh and Louis Burton finished fourth and fifth respectively.
Katie Roberts, took fifth place in the junior female class while her brother Jonathan continued his excellent start to the year's racing with another win in the junior male class.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
The two Elite Class riders also had a successful day on the track with Richard Townsend taking fourth in the B final and Laurence Mapp finishing in third in the class A final.
- The club's Tuesday night sessions at the Burns Road track have now started with gates opening at 6pm.
Anyone with a BMX or MTB bike is welcome.
For details of the sessions and other club and regional events visit the club website at www.roystonrockets.co.uk