BMX - Rockets do well in the cold
SUNDAY saw Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club competing in the fifth round of the East Anglian Winter Series at the Braintree BMX Club. The weather was cold and overcast with the ever present threat of rain but riders from around the region and beyond made
SUNDAY saw Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club competing in the fifth round of the East Anglian Winter Series at the Braintree BMX Club.
The weather was cold and overcast with the ever present threat of rain but riders from around the region and beyond made the journey to take part and over 80 signed up for a full afternoons racing.
The youngest riders in the Winter Series take part in a class known as Formula 5 and are nominally seven years and under.
Five racers from Royston took part in this class with Daniel Blanche finishing in a fine third and Oliver Snelling taking sixth in the A final, while in the B final Ted Dalleywater took second and Jasia Blanche finished fourth.
In Formula 4, a class based on eight-10 year olds, the Rockets riders had "A" final success with Aaron Dalleywater returning to form after his incident in the previous round of the series and taking second and Ethan Lewis finished in sixth, while in the B final Zak Foreman finished in second just ahead of team mates Bradan Blanche in third an fifth placed Aaron Threader
Rockets' sole representative in Formula 3 (11-13 years) was Luke Wilkinson who took a well deserved second in the B final in his first regional level event.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Royston had another good turn out in the Formula 2 where Wayne Gutteridge fought hard down the final straight to grab the win on the line in the A final with James Handleigh taking sixth and in the "B" final the Rockets had Ben Gutteridge coming fourth and Louis Burton finishing in sixth.
The last class on the track was Formula 1, which was the largest and fastest class of the day where James Dalleywater finished eighth in the A final and in the B final Royston's Darren Foreman came second.