BMX racing: Top Rocket Lewis is rider of the day
ETHAN Lewis picked up the rider of the day award as 24 members of Royston Rockets BMX club competed at Peterborough in the Regional Series. Lewis made the final in the 7-8 year class and collected the bronze medal, with team mate Bradan Blanche taking a w
ETHAN Lewis picked up the rider of the day award as 24 members of Royston Rockets BMX club competed at Peterborough in the Regional Series.
Lewis made the final in the 7-8 year class and collected the bronze medal, with team mate Bradan Blanche taking a well earned seventh.
In the B final, Aaron Dalleywater took the win with Zak Foreman finishing third.
The youngest riders took part in the six and under class, where Daniel Blanche finished fourth, two places ahead of Ted Dalleywater.
You may also want to watch:
Moving up to the 9-10 year group two Rockets made the A final with James Handleigh taking third and Louis Burton finishing in seventh, while in the class B final Kyle Gutteridge raced to fourth spot.
The 11-12 year class saw Cameron Howard finish fourth in the A final while in the B final Ben Gutteridge took the win just ahead of Aston Blanche in second and the fourth Rocket in the class, Zach Stevens was forced to retire after just two races.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
In the 13-14 year class, Wayne Gutteridge took gold in the class B final with Anthony Taylor finishing in second .
The 17+ class saw Lee Alexander finish sixth after a fall earlier in the day, while in the Masterclass category, Chris Mapp came third with Richard Townsend fifth and Jonathan Roberts in seventh .
In the cruiser classes Danny Bateman finished in the 13-16yr class and in the 17-29 class James Dalleywater took a well deserved runners-up spot.
Trying his luck in his first regional class event, Darren Foreman rode well for seventh in the Cruiser 30-39 year class whilst in the 40+ class Leroy Seaton held on for second with Paul Bateman taking fourth place overall.
The next event on the race calendar is the European Championships at Cheddar next weekend where the Rockets riders will again be out in force to try their skills against the top riders from across Europe - with almost 1500 riders registered for the four day event the racing will be fast and furious.