BMX - Bracewell celebrates with a win
Royston Rockets returned to action at the weekend in the East Anglia Summer Series in Peterborough. There were more than 140 riders taking part and more than 100 races. Rockets had riders of all ages and abilities competing at the event, with the novice
Royston Rockets returned to action at the weekend in the East Anglia Summer Series in Peterborough.
There were more than 140 riders taking part and more than 100 races.
Rockets had riders of all ages and abilities competing at the event, with the novice classes getting the competition under way.
In the nine and under novices, George Bracewell took the win, while Aiden McCall took first place in the 10-13 year class, and Jack Bracewell took first place in the 14+ class.
Loui Foreman finished second in the class B final in the under-six class, while in the combined seven-eight year class B final Daniel Blanche won and Bradan Blanche finished third.
The B final of the combined nine and 10-year class saw Zak Foreman finish second, and in the 11-12 year class James Handleigh also finished second. Aston Blanche won the B final.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
Antony Taylor continued his good form in the 13-14 class finishing second and taking an award in the Rider of the Day trophies.
James Dalleywater was second in the Cruiser 16-29 class, also earning a Rider of the Day award.
The final class on the track was the Masterclass with 27 riders competing for honours.
In the A final Chris Mapp finished fourth, while Jonathan Roberts won the B final.
Rockets will return to Peterborough next week for the third and fourth rounds of the National Summer Series.