BMX - Bracewell celebrates with a win
Royston Rockets returned to action at the weekend in the East Anglia Summer Series in Peterborough. There were more than 140 riders taking part and more than 100 races. Rockets had riders of all ages and abilities competing at the event, with the novice
Royston Rockets returned to action at the weekend in the East Anglia Summer Series in Peterborough.
There were more than 140 riders taking part and more than 100 races.
Rockets had riders of all ages and abilities competing at the event, with the novice classes getting the competition under way.
In the nine and under novices, George Bracewell took the win, while Aiden McCall took first place in the 10-13 year class, and Jack Bracewell took first place in the 14+ class.
You may also want to watch:
Loui Foreman finished second in the class B final in the under-six class, while in the combined seven-eight year class B final Daniel Blanche won and Bradan Blanche finished third.
The B final of the combined nine and 10-year class saw Zak Foreman finish second, and in the 11-12 year class James Handleigh also finished second. Aston Blanche won the B final.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Antony Taylor continued his good form in the 13-14 class finishing second and taking an award in the Rider of the Day trophies.
James Dalleywater was second in the Cruiser 16-29 class, also earning a Rider of the Day award.
The final class on the track was the Masterclass with 27 riders competing for honours.
In the A final Chris Mapp finished fourth, while Jonathan Roberts won the B final.
Rockets will return to Peterborough next week for the third and fourth rounds of the National Summer Series.