BMX - Bracewell celebrates with a win
Royston Rockets returned to action at the weekend in the East Anglia Summer Series in Peterborough. There were more than 140 riders taking part and more than 100 races. Rockets had riders of all ages and abilities competing at the event, with the novice
Royston Rockets returned to action at the weekend in the East Anglia Summer Series in Peterborough.
There were more than 140 riders taking part and more than 100 races.
Rockets had riders of all ages and abilities competing at the event, with the novice classes getting the competition under way.
In the nine and under novices, George Bracewell took the win, while Aiden McCall took first place in the 10-13 year class, and Jack Bracewell took first place in the 14+ class.
Loui Foreman finished second in the class B final in the under-six class, while in the combined seven-eight year class B final Daniel Blanche won and Bradan Blanche finished third.
The B final of the combined nine and 10-year class saw Zak Foreman finish second, and in the 11-12 year class James Handleigh also finished second. Aston Blanche won the B final.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
Antony Taylor continued his good form in the 13-14 class finishing second and taking an award in the Rider of the Day trophies.
James Dalleywater was second in the Cruiser 16-29 class, also earning a Rider of the Day award.
The final class on the track was the Masterclass with 27 riders competing for honours.
In the A final Chris Mapp finished fourth, while Jonathan Roberts won the B final.
Rockets will return to Peterborough next week for the third and fourth rounds of the National Summer Series.