THE Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club has held their annual awards evening. Hosted at the Bassingbourn Snow Sports Centre, the presentation started with the Club Summer Series awards, which are given to riders who regularly compete in the Tuesday evening ra
THE Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club has held their annual awards evening.
Hosted at the Bassingbourn Snow Sports Centre, the presentation started with the Club Summer Series awards, which are given to riders who regularly compete in the Tuesday evening races held through the summer
Ted Dalleywater was awarded first place in the seven-and-under category, Aaron Dalleywater won the eight-to-10 year-olds category, James Handleigh came first in the 11-14 class while William Elsey won the 15-plus group.
The club also awards annual trophies and the Club Rider Award, presented to the most successful BMX racer in the last year, went to Ethan Vernon who did exceptional well at both regional and national levels.
You may also want to watch:
Rich Townsend won the club member award, Aaron Dalleywater scooped the Rob Indri Memorial award and the Shane Keeler Memorial Award, given to the most dedicated rider, went to Matthew Harris.
Next up for the club is the next round of the Regional Winter Series, held in Norwich on December 14.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms