THE Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club has held their annual awards evening. Hosted at the Bassingbourn Snow Sports Centre, the presentation started with the Club Summer Series awards, which are given to riders who regularly compete in the Tuesday evening ra
THE Royston Rockets BMX Racing Club has held their annual awards evening.
Hosted at the Bassingbourn Snow Sports Centre, the presentation started with the Club Summer Series awards, which are given to riders who regularly compete in the Tuesday evening races held through the summer
Ted Dalleywater was awarded first place in the seven-and-under category, Aaron Dalleywater won the eight-to-10 year-olds category, James Handleigh came first in the 11-14 class while William Elsey won the 15-plus group.
The club also awards annual trophies and the Club Rider Award, presented to the most successful BMX racer in the last year, went to Ethan Vernon who did exceptional well at both regional and national levels.
You may also want to watch:
Rich Townsend won the club member award, Aaron Dalleywater scooped the Rob Indri Memorial award and the Shane Keeler Memorial Award, given to the most dedicated rider, went to Matthew Harris.
Next up for the club is the next round of the Regional Winter Series, held in Norwich on December 14.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?