Blues produce great comeback
BSCFC Blues Under-14s 3 Hitchin Town Coves 2BSCFC produced a marvellous comeback to ensure a 3-2 victory against Hitchin Town Coves. Hitchin took the lead on ten minutes after the Blues gave away a needless free kick just outside the area which was
BSCFC Blues Under-14s 3 Hitchin Town Coves 2
BSCFC produced a marvellous comeback to ensure a 3-2 victory against Hitchin Town Coves.
Hitchin took the lead on ten minutes after the Blues gave away a needless free kick just outside the area which was converted into the top corner.
In spite of going behind it was still the Blues who pressed forward, although Hitchin's persistence with the long ball did meant they always posed a threat.
It looked like Blues would need a touch of individual brilliance to break their duck and on the 30-minute mark Harry synowski scored a fantastic goal after weaving through the hitchin defence.
The second half started well for Blues as Jordan Sanderson put his side into the lead before Synowski scored a superb free kick into the top corner.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track
However, straight from the kick-off, Blues switched off completely and Hitchin went straight down the other end via their best move of the match to immediately restore the one-goal deficit, but it mattered little, though, as Blues ran out winners in the end.