Blues produce great comeback
BSCFC Blues Under-14s 3 Hitchin Town Coves 2BSCFC produced a marvellous comeback to ensure a 3-2 victory against Hitchin Town Coves. Hitchin took the lead on ten minutes after the Blues gave away a needless free kick just outside the area which was
BSCFC Blues Under-14s 3 Hitchin Town Coves 2
BSCFC produced a marvellous comeback to ensure a 3-2 victory against Hitchin Town Coves.
Hitchin took the lead on ten minutes after the Blues gave away a needless free kick just outside the area which was converted into the top corner.
In spite of going behind it was still the Blues who pressed forward, although Hitchin's persistence with the long ball did meant they always posed a threat.
You may also want to watch:
It looked like Blues would need a touch of individual brilliance to break their duck and on the 30-minute mark Harry synowski scored a fantastic goal after weaving through the hitchin defence.
The second half started well for Blues as Jordan Sanderson put his side into the lead before Synowski scored a superb free kick into the top corner.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
However, straight from the kick-off, Blues switched off completely and Hitchin went straight down the other end via their best move of the match to immediately restore the one-goal deficit, but it mattered little, though, as Blues ran out winners in the end.