Blues bowl over Pin Green Juniors
Under-14s Division Two Pin Green Juniors 1 BSCFC Blues 3 BLUES followed last week s excellent win against Letchworth with another good win away at basement side Pin Green Juniors. They took the lead after only five minutes when Kassim Robertson showed hi
Under-14s Division Two
Pin Green Juniors 1
BSCFC Blues 3
BLUES followed last week's excellent win against Letchworth with another good win away at basement side Pin Green Juniors.
You may also want to watch:
They took the lead after only five minutes when Kassim Robertson showed his strength to hold off his man and fire past the 'keeper.
Blues failed to build on their lead and were punished early in the second half when the Pin Green striker headed home an excellent cross.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
The lead was restored, though, when Sam Gale stepped up to score from the spot after the referee had awarded a penalty.
Blues still struggled to take the game by the scruff of the neck as careless play in the attacking third led to moves breaking down too easily.
However, with five minutes left, Blues grabbed the all-important goal that sealed all three points.
Harry Synowski took the ball past a defender and worked his way to the left byline before cutting the ball back to Connor Gypes who produced a cool finish that sealed a victory that had looked like being in jeopardy at times in the match.