Blues bowl over Pin Green Juniors
Under-14s Division Two Pin Green Juniors 1 BSCFC Blues 3 BLUES followed last week s excellent win against Letchworth with another good win away at basement side Pin Green Juniors. They took the lead after only five minutes when Kassim Robertson showed hi
Under-14s Division Two
Pin Green Juniors 1
BSCFC Blues 3
BLUES followed last week's excellent win against Letchworth with another good win away at basement side Pin Green Juniors.
They took the lead after only five minutes when Kassim Robertson showed his strength to hold off his man and fire past the 'keeper.
Blues failed to build on their lead and were punished early in the second half when the Pin Green striker headed home an excellent cross.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
The lead was restored, though, when Sam Gale stepped up to score from the spot after the referee had awarded a penalty.
Blues still struggled to take the game by the scruff of the neck as careless play in the attacking third led to moves breaking down too easily.
However, with five minutes left, Blues grabbed the all-important goal that sealed all three points.
Harry Synowski took the ball past a defender and worked his way to the left byline before cutting the ball back to Connor Gypes who produced a cool finish that sealed a victory that had looked like being in jeopardy at times in the match.