Blues bow out in cup semi final
Under-14s League Cup semi-final Cup Letchworth Eagles 5 BSCFC Blues 0 BSCFC Blues were knocked out of cup at the semi-final stage after a bad defeat against Letchworth Eagles. Rarely, though, can a five goal defeat have been such a credit to the losing
Under-14s League Cup semi-final Cup
Letchworth Eagles 5
BSCFC Blues 0
BSCFC Blues were knocked out of cup at the semi-final stage after a bad defeat against Letchworth Eagles.
You may also want to watch:
Rarely, though, can a five goal defeat have been such a credit to the losing team as the Blues had just eleven players on the day against one of the division's top sides.
They went behind after 12 minutes when a speculative effort from the left looped over the 'keeper and into the top corner.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
An unfortunate bounce then caused confusion in the Blues' goalmouth and deceived 'keeper Tommy Baiss and all of a sudden it was 2-0.
Another unfortunate goal made it three shortly afterwards when a speculative shot was diverted past Baiss via a Blues foot and into the net.
Minutes later and Blues went further behind after indecision from a corner led to Eagles prodding the ball in from point-blank range.
Tommy Baiss made three outstanding saves in the second half but found themselves even further behind with a shot that dipped over Baiss and over the line.
Blues were unlucky to be denied a goal themselves six minutes from time when the excellent Jordan Powles had his effort chalked off for offside.