Blues bow out in cup semi final
Under-14s League Cup semi-final Cup Letchworth Eagles 5 BSCFC Blues 0 BSCFC Blues were knocked out of cup at the semi-final stage after a bad defeat against Letchworth Eagles. Rarely, though, can a five goal defeat have been such a credit to the losing
Under-14s League Cup semi-final Cup
Letchworth Eagles 5
BSCFC Blues 0
BSCFC Blues were knocked out of cup at the semi-final stage after a bad defeat against Letchworth Eagles.
You may also want to watch:
Rarely, though, can a five goal defeat have been such a credit to the losing team as the Blues had just eleven players on the day against one of the division's top sides.
They went behind after 12 minutes when a speculative effort from the left looped over the 'keeper and into the top corner.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
An unfortunate bounce then caused confusion in the Blues' goalmouth and deceived 'keeper Tommy Baiss and all of a sudden it was 2-0.
Another unfortunate goal made it three shortly afterwards when a speculative shot was diverted past Baiss via a Blues foot and into the net.
Minutes later and Blues went further behind after indecision from a corner led to Eagles prodding the ball in from point-blank range.
Tommy Baiss made three outstanding saves in the second half but found themselves even further behind with a shot that dipped over Baiss and over the line.
Blues were unlucky to be denied a goal themselves six minutes from time when the excellent Jordan Powles had his effort chalked off for offside.