Blues bow out in cup semi final
Under-14s League Cup semi-final Cup Letchworth Eagles 5 BSCFC Blues 0 BSCFC Blues were knocked out of cup at the semi-final stage after a bad defeat against Letchworth Eagles. Rarely, though, can a five goal defeat have been such a credit to the losing
Under-14s League Cup semi-final Cup
Letchworth Eagles 5
BSCFC Blues 0
BSCFC Blues were knocked out of cup at the semi-final stage after a bad defeat against Letchworth Eagles.
Rarely, though, can a five goal defeat have been such a credit to the losing team as the Blues had just eleven players on the day against one of the division's top sides.
They went behind after 12 minutes when a speculative effort from the left looped over the 'keeper and into the top corner.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
An unfortunate bounce then caused confusion in the Blues' goalmouth and deceived 'keeper Tommy Baiss and all of a sudden it was 2-0.
Another unfortunate goal made it three shortly afterwards when a speculative shot was diverted past Baiss via a Blues foot and into the net.
Minutes later and Blues went further behind after indecision from a corner led to Eagles prodding the ball in from point-blank range.
Tommy Baiss made three outstanding saves in the second half but found themselves even further behind with a shot that dipped over Baiss and over the line.
Blues were unlucky to be denied a goal themselves six minutes from time when the excellent Jordan Powles had his effort chalked off for offside.