Blue is the colour at Heydon Grange
TWO teams of members fought for the Captains Challenge Trophy over the Essex and Cambs courses at Heydon Grange Golf Club. Based on the Ryder Cup competition, Four Ball Better Ball matches were played over nine holes in the morning and Match Play singles
TWO teams of members fought for the Captains' Challenge Trophy over the Essex and Cambs courses at Heydon Grange Golf Club.
Based on the Ryder Cup competition, Four Ball Better Ball matches were played over nine holes in the morning and Match Play singles over nine holes in the afternoon.
The teams were picked by the club captain John Black and lady captain Jane Patterson from the members who entered.
Mr Black chose red as his team colour while Ms Patterson opted for blue.
You may also want to watch:
After the morning matches, the Blues led by five-and-a-half to four-and-a-half, with the Blues comfortably taking the afternoon single matches to win the trophy.
The trophy is a new one for the club and it will be played each year in a format to be decided by the year captains, with the proceeds from the day going to the captains' charity.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone