Blue is the colour at Heydon Grange
TWO teams of members fought for the Captains Challenge Trophy over the Essex and Cambs courses at Heydon Grange Golf Club. Based on the Ryder Cup competition, Four Ball Better Ball matches were played over nine holes in the morning and Match Play singles
TWO teams of members fought for the Captains' Challenge Trophy over the Essex and Cambs courses at Heydon Grange Golf Club.
Based on the Ryder Cup competition, Four Ball Better Ball matches were played over nine holes in the morning and Match Play singles over nine holes in the afternoon.
The teams were picked by the club captain John Black and lady captain Jane Patterson from the members who entered.
Mr Black chose red as his team colour while Ms Patterson opted for blue.
You may also want to watch:
After the morning matches, the Blues led by five-and-a-half to four-and-a-half, with the Blues comfortably taking the afternoon single matches to win the trophy.
The trophy is a new one for the club and it will be played each year in a format to be decided by the year captains, with the proceeds from the day going to the captains' charity.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day