Blow me - it's a nil wind

Castle Camps 0 Great Chishill 0 THIS fixture earlier in the season produced 12 goals but the defenders came out on top this time around. A strong wind made playing conditions awkward but helped Chishill to threaten from corners, as Dan Manning and Gareth

Castle Camps 0 Great Chishill 0 THIS fixture earlier in the season produced 12 goals but the defenders came out on top this time around. A strong wind made playing conditions awkward but helped Chishill to threaten from corners, as Dan Manning and Gareth Edey both saw headers go just wide. Chishill had won the first-half midfield battle but neither goalkeeper had been really tested. The hosts began the second half stronger, but Gallagher in Chishill's goal was hardly forced to make a difficult save. Rick Rogers, played well in a holding midfield role, and the back four looked solid throughout. As the game went on the visitors increased in confidence and looked for a win. They brought on striker Steve McGee to replace defender Russell Drury to increase attacking options, and in the last 15 minutes Chishill should have won the game. Nick Bramwell had a 20-yard free-kick deflected just past a post, and although the football was scrappy at times, they worked two excellent moves producing goalscoring opportunities. However, the game was destined to be a goalless draw as first McGee and then Chris White blazed their close-range shots over the bar. Chishill: Gallagher, R Drury, Manning, Gardiner, Bramwell, Hodge, Rogers, E Drury, Edey, White, J Drury. Subs: Gibson, McGee. Fulbourn Institute A 0 Fowlmere 1 A LATE, late Shaun Douglas goal kept Fowlmere's impressive run going and made it four league games on the trot without conceding a goal. Fowlmere were forced to make two changes from the previous week, with Douglas and Mark Sooter coming in for the injured Dec Shilton and Daniel O'Farrell. The home side started the better as Fowlmere struggled to get a grip on the game and Fulbourn almost took the lead when a 30-yard shot was tipped on to the bar by keeper Matt Foggo. That was the home side's only chance of the half as the Fowlmere defence snuffed out the lively home side's strikers. Fowlmere should have taken the lead just before the break when a long throw from Douglas was flicked on by Barry Wood to centre back Nick King, but with only the keeper to beat he blasted over. Fowlmere came out for the second half a different side and at last started playing the football of recent weeks as Terry Woods and Neil Faubel got a grip of the midfield. The home again struggled to force any good openings on the Fowlmere goal as Kev Martin and King were again in impressive form at the heart of the defence. The final 20 minutes saw Fowlmere force a succession of corners and they should have scored when King knocked a corner down for Sooter, but his effort from two yards out was blocked by the keeper. With the game looking like a draw Fowlmere were awarded a dubious free-kick on the edge of the box when Wood was hauled down. Wood picked himself up and his kick was well saved, but Douglas was on hand to head the rebound home with only three minutes left. Fowlmere: Foggo, Sooter, King, Martin, Geal, Kew, Faubel, B Wood, T Wood, Douglas, Fields. Sub Blair. Royston Town Vets 1 Gamlingay Old Boys Vets 0 ON a bitterly cold Monday evening, this game had everything. There was fine football, chances galore, a disputed penalty, a resultant disallowed goal for the 10-man visitors, who lost a further two players through injury before Paul Lewis broke the deadlock in the closing minutes. Without Brian Cannon and Paul Little, Kevin Flack moved back to partner Dave Cooper in the centre of defence. Kevin Barthrop returned and Nick Humphries made the 400-mile round trip from Wales. With the visitors arriving with just 10 men, Colin McArthur swapped shirts to head the attack for Gamlingay. The first half was played at a frenetic pace, with some sharp, attractive football played by both teams. The chances though fell to the Town and Barthrop did everything but score on four occasions, only to be foiled by some excellent goalkeeping. How the Vets went in at half-time without scoring baffled Vets manager Terry Gore, who this week goes in for another operation on his troublesome ankle. The second half saw Town take advantage of the visitors losing one player to a finger injury and it became very much one-way traffic. Yet Town's old problem of failing to put the ball in the back of the net continued. Good efforts from Harris, Barthrop and Humphries forced further heroics from the visitors' keeper. Another injury, this time requiring head stitches, saw Gamlingay lose another player, although in the spirit of the game Town helped out with Ian Allen and Martin Pope joining their ranks. Twenty minutes from time, a disputed penalty against Dave Copper was pushed out by Merv Chaffey and slid home by the Gamlingay penalty taker, before being disallowed by the referee. Lewis wrapped it all up minutes from the end, slamming home from five yards after the visitors' defence failed to clear. Royston Town Vets: M. Chaffey, M Jackson, I Stubbs, K Flack, D Cooper, D. Quinn, J Nash, M Pope, S Lewis, P. Lewis, K Barthrop R. Harris, N. Humphries, C McArthur, I Allen. - On Sunday, the Vets are at home to Sandy Vets, kick-off 10.30am at Garden Walk.