Blow for boss Drury
Camden United Reserves 2 Great Chishill 2 GREAT Chishill manager John Drury will be disappointed not to have taken all three points as his side missed a host of chances. Despite an evenly matched first half, it was the visitors who looked the more threat
Camden United Reserves 2 Great Chishill 2
GREAT Chishill manager John Drury will be disappointed not to have taken all three points as his side missed a host of chances.
Despite an evenly matched first half, it was the visitors who looked the more threatening.
However, against the run of play, Camden took the lead, heading home from a well-worked corner.
You may also want to watch:
Chishill levelled just before the break, when Steve McGee ran through to slot home his second goal of the season.
Looking better after the restart, Chishill were soon in the game once more, and should have taken the lead, but failed to convert their chances.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
So it came as a cruel blow when the hosts went ahead for a second time when a 25-yard strike cannoned in off the bar.
With 20 minutes remaining, a superb Dan Manning free kick levelled the game once more, leaving the Camden keeper stranded, after McGee was brought down on the edge of the box.
And it was McGee who went closest to a Chishill winner, when he shot over from close range with just a few minutes on the clock.