Blow as Thriplow hit rock bottom
THRIPLOW seconds went bottom of the table after going down to a home defeat at the hands of Elmdon. After being put into bat, Thriplow made a steady start despite the early loss of Theo Giasimidis. Duncan Walker came to the crease and was the mainstay o
THRIPLOW seconds went bottom of the table after going down to a home defeat at the hands of Elmdon.
After being put into bat, Thriplow made a steady start despite the early loss of Theo Giasimidis.
Duncan Walker came to the crease and was the mainstay of the Thriplow innings, hitting 83 before being caught out with three overs remaining.
Unfortunately Walker had been unable to forge a big partnership with any of his team mates, several of whom got out cheaply after making good starts.
Following his departure the tail crumbled, and Thriplow were all out for 182.
In reply Elmdon's openers raced to 50, before three quick wickets from Richie Turner left the visitors reeling at 79-4 and put Thriplow back in the match.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 4 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 5 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 6 William and Kate unveil their first official portrait at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
But Elmdon recovered well, and although Ally King took a couple of wickets near the end, they coasted to victory by three wickets.