Blow as Thriplow hit rock bottom
THRIPLOW seconds went bottom of the table after going down to a home defeat at the hands of Elmdon. After being put into bat, Thriplow made a steady start despite the early loss of Theo Giasimidis. Duncan Walker came to the crease and was the mainstay o
THRIPLOW seconds went bottom of the table after going down to a home defeat at the hands of Elmdon.
After being put into bat, Thriplow made a steady start despite the early loss of Theo Giasimidis.
Duncan Walker came to the crease and was the mainstay of the Thriplow innings, hitting 83 before being caught out with three overs remaining.
Unfortunately Walker had been unable to forge a big partnership with any of his team mates, several of whom got out cheaply after making good starts.
You may also want to watch:
Following his departure the tail crumbled, and Thriplow were all out for 182.
In reply Elmdon's openers raced to 50, before three quick wickets from Richie Turner left the visitors reeling at 79-4 and put Thriplow back in the match.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
But Elmdon recovered well, and although Ally King took a couple of wickets near the end, they coasted to victory by three wickets.