Benefit match at Garden Walk
A BENEFIT football match has been organised between Royston Town and The Jolly Boys. Mark Newman, who has been manager of the Guilden Morden-based Jolly Boys for a number of years, has been diagnosed with leukaemia and has spent the past three weeks in ho
A BENEFIT football match has been organised between Royston Town and The Jolly Boys.
Mark Newman, who has been manager of the Guilden Morden-based Jolly Boys for a number of years, has been diagnosed with leukaemia and has spent the past three weeks in hospital.
Match organiser and Royston Town striker Craig Hammond said: "I've known Mark for a while and he loves his football.
"He comes down to Garden Walk to watch Royston on a Saturday and manages the Jolly Boys on a Sunday - so he will love this.
You may also want to watch:
"He's had a difficult time lately and he won't be working for a while, so hopefully the game will help him out a bit.
"I'm sure it will cheer him up and it promises to be a good day."
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
The match will take place on Saturday, May 10, at Garden Walk, kick-off 3pm.
There will be a £2 entrance fee for adults and a £1 fee for children, with a barbecue and disco running throughout the evening, as well as a bouncy castle.