Ben Ritsema runs riot against Hillingdon
Royston RFC 62
Hillingdon Abbots 3
A FLAWLESS performance from Royston saw them completely overwhelm Hillingdon on the Heath on Saturday.
The opening try came from a brilliant piece of individual skill from Ben Ritsema as he danced through the opposing back-line before Schurch added the second shortly afterwards.
Forward Lee Gilbert, who was the Man of the Match, grabbed the third as took the ball from the back of the scrum and was unchallenged as he ran under the posts. Schurch then latched on to a kick from Rob Turner to score the fourth.
The game was looking over as Hillingdon’s heads began to drop, but Royston did not let up and despite having many chances, they were only able to add another two by Dan Ritsema and Sam Morris before the end of the first half.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 4 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
After the break Hillingdon kicked over an early penalty, but Royston were in no mood to be messed with. Matthew Muirhead broke the line before off-loading to Ben Ritsema to score his second. He then completed his hat-trick moments later with a mazy run from his own in goal area.
Jonathan Whittingham ran in the next try with a strong hand-off putting him clear of the full back. With the game all but over, there was just enough time for Ben Ritsema to score his fourth of the game and complete a comprehensive victory.