Bedlow rounds it off with a victory
Melbourn Dynamos U-8 2 Bishop s Stortford Wanderers 1 DYNAMOS finished the season on a high with a hard-fought win. The first half saw Dynamos enjoy most possession, with the front two Ben Webb and Charles Johnson moving around well to provide an outlet f
Melbourn Dynamos U-8 2 Bishop's Stortford Wanderers 1
DYNAMOS finished the season on a high with a hard-fought win.
The first half saw Dynamos enjoy most possession, with the front two Ben Webb and Charles Johnson moving around well to provide an outlet for busy midfielders James Rushton and Sam Bedlow.
Wanderers also broke swiftly, but were well-matched by the excellent covering defence of Alex Maskell and James Fowkes, with the former using his pace to deny a certain goal with a last-gasp tackle.
Rushton then unluckily saw a shot roll along the crossbar, but Dynamos took the lead as Webb pounced on a clearance to return a powerful shot to the top corner, to continue his fine goal-scoring run.
After the break Wanderers came out strongly and were denied by keeper Rebecca Brooker, but then equalised after five minutes as their striker latched on to a lose ball to finish confidently.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 7 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 8 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
Dynamos clinched victory as Charles Johnson's cross fell loose, and Bedlow slid bravely to beat three defenders to the ball to force home the winner.