Bedlow rounds it off with a victory
Melbourn Dynamos U-8 2 Bishop s Stortford Wanderers 1 DYNAMOS finished the season on a high with a hard-fought win. The first half saw Dynamos enjoy most possession, with the front two Ben Webb and Charles Johnson moving around well to provide an outlet f
Melbourn Dynamos U-8 2 Bishop's Stortford Wanderers 1
DYNAMOS finished the season on a high with a hard-fought win.
The first half saw Dynamos enjoy most possession, with the front two Ben Webb and Charles Johnson moving around well to provide an outlet for busy midfielders James Rushton and Sam Bedlow.
Wanderers also broke swiftly, but were well-matched by the excellent covering defence of Alex Maskell and James Fowkes, with the former using his pace to deny a certain goal with a last-gasp tackle.
You may also want to watch:
Rushton then unluckily saw a shot roll along the crossbar, but Dynamos took the lead as Webb pounced on a clearance to return a powerful shot to the top corner, to continue his fine goal-scoring run.
After the break Wanderers came out strongly and were denied by keeper Rebecca Brooker, but then equalised after five minutes as their striker latched on to a lose ball to finish confidently.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Dynamos clinched victory as Charles Johnson's cross fell loose, and Bedlow slid bravely to beat three defenders to the ball to force home the winner.