Becky pops up with late winner
BECKY Turner saw off Bassingbourn Youth and shot Hormead Hares Girls under-13s to victory with a last-minute winner. However, it was the hosts who took the lead early on, only for Daisy Holmes to grab a Hormead equaliser just before half time. Then afte
BECKY Turner saw off Bassingbourn Youth and shot Hormead Hares Girls under-13s to victory with a last-minute winner.
However, it was the hosts who took the lead early on, only for Daisy Holmes to grab a Hormead equaliser just before half time.
Then after a stirring second half performance Hormead sneaked a winner with Turner finding the target with a well-taken strike.
Hormead Hares under-16s powered home with an impressive 5-1 win over Hertford Town. Jack Clark Ward grabbed a deserved hat-trick, while Daniel Banks-Smith and Callum Scowen's excellent finishes completed the rout.
In an entertaining game, Hormead Hares under-8s A bounced back from three goals behind to see off Bassingbourn 6-3.
Showing great character and resilience the Hares hit back with four goals in 11 minutes, before they grabbed two more second half strikes. Sheldon Best nabbed a hat-trick while Chrissie Georgiou took the man-of-the-match award after a magnificent display in defence.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 9 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 10 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
A comeback was also required for the Hormead Hares under-8s B as they came from behind twice in their 2-2 draw with Bassingbourn.
And Hormead Hares under-11s carried on their fine form with an 8-1 drubbing of Arlesey. The Hares were 7-1 up at half time thanks to Alex Underwood's hat-trick and Rhodri Hughes and Hugh Wrigley doubles. Danny Elford scored the only goal of the second half.
Despite playing well Hormead Hares under-13s were undone against league leaders Ware Lions and went down 3-1. Ware took the lead with a first-half strike, before adding two more in quick succession after the re-start. Charlie Ball pulled one back for Hormead with a calm close-range finish.
Hormead Hares under-9s Blacks battled for a credible 0-0 draw with FC Comets. The result was helped by Callum Edwards' goal line clearance, with keeper Max Kerr also in fine form.
At the other end, player-of-the-match Owen Hughes came close but saw his effort go just wide.
And it was bad news for Hormead Hares under-9s Oranges as they let a three goal lead slip, with FC Comets B coming back to win 4-3.
The Oranges were sailing, thanks to two Harry Jarman strikes and Elliott Rowe's first for the club. But their opponents hit back with a flurry of second-half goals, including a last minute winner.