Battling youngsters go down
WITH a host of players missing, Thriplow were forced to field a young side which was unfortunate to go down against Barrington. After winning the toss, Barrington skipper Hopwood set off purposefully alongside Ferrari until he was caught by Duncan Walker
WITH a host of players missing, Thriplow were forced to field a young side which was unfortunate to go down against Barrington.
After winning the toss, Barrington skipper Hopwood set off purposefully alongside Ferrari until he was caught by Duncan Walker for 11.
Douglas and Jarman were then dismissed by captain Chris Neild, but opener Ferrari (74) remained in imperious form and dominated the innings before eventually falling to an excellent catch by Andy Morris, and Barrington ended their innings on 251-8.
Despite dislocating his finger earlier on, William Russell returned from hospital in time to open for Thriplow and hit four sixes and three fours, before he pushed one back into the hands of the bowler.
You may also want to watch:
This left Thriplow on 44-1, with youngsters Theo Giasemedis and Peter Richer taking a more conventional approach with some positive play with the bat.
Giasemedis eventually fell for 20, but Martin Craze (20) and Richer (47) looked to push the score on and reached 134.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
However, they fell at the hands of Davies in successive deliveries.
And when Andy Craze was run out for one, it ended Thriplow's hopes of a win.