Battling Panthers seize the initiative
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U-11 3 Broadhall Youth 0 A very evenly-matched game produced some tough tackling, mixed with some good football by both teams. It was the home side who dominated the early stages. Alex Martin missed from six yards after only tw
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U-11 3
Broadhall Youth 0
A very evenly-matched game produced some tough tackling, mixed with some good football by both teams.
It was the home side who dominated the early stages. Alex Martin missed from six yards after only two minutes, and it was looking as though Dynamos were going to rue their missed chances, after having so much of the early possession and unable to hit the target.
You may also want to watch:
However Patrick Hopper broke the deadlock after 20 minutes when put in by Byron Lawrence with just the keeper to beat.
This seemed to inspire the visitors who were starting to put in some good challenges, and beginning to test home keeper Nick Thompson.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The second half began with Broadhall having the better of the exchanges, but man-of-the-match Joe Carrington, and Billy Halliwell were holding firm in the centre of defence.
Then Melbourn broke free and Toby Jackson crossed to Hopper inside the box, and he was brought down from behind for a penalty.
Nathan Henry slotted home into the bottom left hand corner.
With the game now apparently in the bag, it became stretched with more chances at both ends.
But Panthers made sure with the best goal of the game from Sam Webb, who fired into the bottom left hand corner from outside the box.