Bassingbourn add first-ever Cambridgeshire Junior Cup to another promotion season
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn completed another memorable season by adding the Cambs Junior Challenge Cup to their third promotion in four seasons.
The Recreation Ground-based football club will play next season in CCL Kershaw Senior B and the 3-0 win over Bar Hill Res was the perfect cherry on top of the cake for Geoff Mills’s side.
It was tight early on with Bar Hill edging things and they should have taken the lead on 30 minutes but Bass keeper Ben Cullingford made a wonderful full-stretch save to stop a penalty.
And in the second half Bass cut loose.
A quadruple substitution saw Sam Hill open the scoring from the edge of the box and one of the replacements, Stuart Cooke, bagged a superb solo effort for number two.
You may also want to watch:
But the goal of the game was the last one.
Rob Dyke received the ball on the left, cut inside beating two players and then unleashed an unstoppable shot beyond the keeper.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes