Bassingbourn win four out of five
Under-12s Division Three Bassingbourn Youth 4 Bishops Stortford Wanderers 1 BASSINGBOURN made it four wins out of five with a strong performance against Bishops Stortford Wanderers. A single goal, beautifully taken by Tom Needham, separated the teams aft
Under-12s Division Three
Bassingbourn Youth 4
Bishops Stortford Wanderers 1
BASSINGBOURN made it four wins out of five with a strong performance against Bishops Stortford Wanderers.
You may also want to watch:
A single goal, beautifully taken by Tom Needham, separated the teams after a tight first half, with Bassingbourn's defence looking secure and Man-of-the-Match Needham's pace causing Wanderers' defence all sorts of problems.
Wanderers came out fighting after the break and piled on the pressure.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Goalkeeper Jonny Marriage made some great blocks but Bassingbourn were caught napping from a quickly-taken corner as wanderers drew level.
Wanderers pressed for the lead, but Luke Barrett and Charlie Colling held on in defence and gradually Bassingbourn's midfield regained control, with strong play from Nicholas Partridge.
Good passing between Callum Waller and Ben Blower created further chances, and Needham battled tirelessly to score two more goals to complete his first hat-trick for Bassingbourn.
As Wanderers tired, Bassingbourn captain Evan Goldman raced from full back to appear at the back post and nod in Bassingbourn's fourth.