Bassingbourn rue concentration lapses
Bassingbourn Youth 2 Baldock Town Templars 4 Under-12s Division Three AS with last week s defeat to Arlesey, Bassingbourn were left to reflect on lapses of concentration as they lost at home to Baldock Town Templars. Bourn started the game well and looke
Bassingbourn Youth 2 Baldock Town Templars 4
Under-12s Division Three
AS with last week's defeat to Arlesey, Bassingbourn were left to reflect on lapses of concentration as they lost at home to Baldock Town Templars.
Bourn started the game well and looked comfortable at the back with Charlie Colling partnering Luke Barrett in the centre.
You may also want to watch:
With lots of tough tackles and hard work from both sides it was Baldock who took the lead when their forward twisted and fought his way through the Bourn defence to score.
Despite this, the home team continued to fight and Harry Vines came close with a long shot from just inside the Baldock half.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 5 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 10 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
Nathan Beynon then had a superb close range header saved by the keeper before Bassingbourn were awarded a penalty when Callum Waller was up-ended in the box.
Team captain Luke Barrett stepped up to convert and bring the match level.
Baldock came straight back and Bourn were kept in the game when first keeper Jonny Marriage blocked a shot and then Evan Goldman twice cleared off the line.
However, after all that it was a poor goal-kick that gifted Baldock a second goal to send them into a half-time ahead.
The second half started with Becan Davies replacing Jonny Marriage in goal, but his first touch was to pick the ball out of the net as Baldock increased their lead when a through ball was not cut out by the Bourn defence and the forward fired over Davies's head into the far corner.
Bassingbourn switched back on and Ben Blower was unlucky on several occasions when put through not to find the net.
Jacob Stekly's shot was well saved as the home side looked for a way back into the game and were rewarded when Blower raced onto a through ball to finish well.
The game could have gone either way from this point and with Waller putting in another good performance on the wing Bourn looked like they could get something from the match, but as with last week they lost focus for a while and Baldock again split the defence to put the game out of reach.