Bassingbourn maintain record
Bishop s Stortford Athletic 1 Bassingbourn Youth Under-11 9 BASSINGBOURN maintained their 100 per cent league record with a superb win on Sunday. Two goals from Ben Blower and another from Evan Goldman gave them a great start. Nicholas Partridge hit his f
Bishop's Stortford Athletic 1
Bassingbourn Youth Under-11 9
BASSINGBOURN maintained their 100 per cent league record with a superb win on Sunday.
Two goals from Ben Blower and another from Evan Goldman gave them a great start. Nicholas Partridge hit his first goal for the club and Tom Needham added a fifth before the break.
Blower brought his personal tally to six in the second half with four more strikes.
Elsenham Youth 8
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 9 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
Melbourn Dynamos Tigers
TIGERS put in a gritty display and all they had to show for their hard work was a goal from Edward Twyman.
FC Comets Kaisers 3
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers
COMETS proved too strong for Panthers despite an excellent display by keeper Connor Patel, who was man of the match.
Panthers were trailing 2-0 before getting their only goal of the game through a goal by George Storey but conceded a third later in the game.
Dynamos Tigers lost 1-0 to FC Comet Chiefs.
Royston Celtic Under-11 2
Letchworth Garden City Eagles Blues Under-11 1
CELTIC recorded their third straight win thanks to two goals from Justin Leavers.
Only good defending kept Eagles out in the second half even though they managed a consolation goal.
Stotfold Under-11 3
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers
Panthers unfortunately lost James Fowkes to illness just before the game but his team-mates responded with a fine collective effort.
After going behind, Panthers deservedly got back on terms, as Sam Bedlow's throw found its way through to Charlie Weber to fire home from close range.
Just as half-time beckoned, the home team beat the offside trap and fired home to restore the advantage.
Tireless running up and down the flanks by Jim Clark and Jacob Rand won a series of corners and throw-ins, but the decisive strike came at the other end.