Bassingbourn Golf Club donate �500 to Meldreth Manor
Pupils hopeful of attending 2012 Paralympics in London
CHILDREN from Meldreth Manor Scope School are a step closer to being given the opportunity to attend the 2012 London Paralympics thanks to Bassingbourn Golf Club.
Councillor Linda Oliver presented a cheque for �500 to principal Roger Gale on Saturday, which was the sum raised from the golf club’s Captain’s Day held earlier this year.
Meldreth Manor is a school for disabled children which specialises in providing bespoke education, care and support for its pupils and their families.
Mr Gale was delighted with the kind donation and said: “Thank you once again for the money raised by the club and also for the hospitality on Saturday – it was good to be part of something really positive in the community.”
Cllr Oliver also presented the prizes for the Club Winners Trophy and Captains Prize organised by competitions secretary, Richard Jones.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure