Bassingbourn Golf Club donate �500 to Meldreth Manor
Pupils hopeful of attending 2012 Paralympics in London
CHILDREN from Meldreth Manor Scope School are a step closer to being given the opportunity to attend the 2012 London Paralympics thanks to Bassingbourn Golf Club.
Councillor Linda Oliver presented a cheque for �500 to principal Roger Gale on Saturday, which was the sum raised from the golf club’s Captain’s Day held earlier this year.
Meldreth Manor is a school for disabled children which specialises in providing bespoke education, care and support for its pupils and their families.
Mr Gale was delighted with the kind donation and said: “Thank you once again for the money raised by the club and also for the hospitality on Saturday – it was good to be part of something really positive in the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Oliver also presented the prizes for the Club Winners Trophy and Captains Prize organised by competitions secretary, Richard Jones.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford