Bassingbourn get back to form
Barmond U12s 0 Bassingbourn U12s 5
Bassingbourn U12s got back to winning ways on Sunday against a depleted Barmond side.
Jack Logan opened the scoring with a long-range shot from the edge of the box. The lead was soon doubled when Max Logan was on hand to score.
Cameron MacGillivray had two efforts ruled out for offside but finally managed to put away a third while Matthew Tiffin got the fourth with a nice left foot shot into the corner of the net.
The Barmond team showed great spirit and their goalkeeper made a number of good saves to keep the score down.
You may also want to watch:
The Bassingbourn defence was rarely troubled as Tom King put in an assured performance at left back.
The second half saw Bassingbourn continue to press forward but only one further goal was scored by right back Lewis Mansfield who stole forward into the six-yard box to slot home from close range. This was his first goal for the club and just rewards for the effort that he has put in over the season.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford