Bassingbourn get back to form
Barmond U12s 0 Bassingbourn U12s 5
Bassingbourn U12s got back to winning ways on Sunday against a depleted Barmond side.
Jack Logan opened the scoring with a long-range shot from the edge of the box. The lead was soon doubled when Max Logan was on hand to score.
Cameron MacGillivray had two efforts ruled out for offside but finally managed to put away a third while Matthew Tiffin got the fourth with a nice left foot shot into the corner of the net.
The Barmond team showed great spirit and their goalkeeper made a number of good saves to keep the score down.
You may also want to watch:
The Bassingbourn defence was rarely troubled as Tom King put in an assured performance at left back.
The second half saw Bassingbourn continue to press forward but only one further goal was scored by right back Lewis Mansfield who stole forward into the six-yard box to slot home from close range. This was his first goal for the club and just rewards for the effort that he has put in over the season.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show