Bassingbourn get back to form
Barmond U12s 0 Bassingbourn U12s 5
Bassingbourn U12s got back to winning ways on Sunday against a depleted Barmond side.
Jack Logan opened the scoring with a long-range shot from the edge of the box. The lead was soon doubled when Max Logan was on hand to score.
Cameron MacGillivray had two efforts ruled out for offside but finally managed to put away a third while Matthew Tiffin got the fourth with a nice left foot shot into the corner of the net.
The Barmond team showed great spirit and their goalkeeper made a number of good saves to keep the score down.
The Bassingbourn defence was rarely troubled as Tom King put in an assured performance at left back.
The second half saw Bassingbourn continue to press forward but only one further goal was scored by right back Lewis Mansfield who stole forward into the six-yard box to slot home from close range. This was his first goal for the club and just rewards for the effort that he has put in over the season.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year