Bassingbourn continue winning form
Hormead U11s 1 Bassingbourn U11s 2
On a blustery day at the Meads, Bassingbourn kept up their winning run with a gutsy display.
In a tight first half Bourn tried to keep the ball on the ground and they took the lead when the Hormead ‘keeper could only parry a stinging shot from Ben Sams into the path of Fin Burchett who finished with ease.
Hormead equalised moments later with a crisp volley after Bassingbourn failed to deal with a bouncing ball, but the rest of the half was an even affair and Bourn relied upon some great saves from Charlie Catton and some excellent defensive work from Failletiaz, Puvvada, Caldwell and Struebel to keep Hormead at bay.
With the wind behind them, the second half was a much more one-sided affair and Bassingbourn spent most of the half camped around the Hormead penalty area.
You may also want to watch:
But they struggled to find the killer touch until late in the game when Josh Thurlby latched onto a lovely through ball and coolly lobbed the onrushing ‘keeper. Bourn nearly increased their lead moments later when the ball looked to have crossed the line following a goalmouth m�l�e, but they had already done enough to earn the victory.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims