Bassingbourn continue winning form
Hormead U11s 1 Bassingbourn U11s 2
On a blustery day at the Meads, Bassingbourn kept up their winning run with a gutsy display.
In a tight first half Bourn tried to keep the ball on the ground and they took the lead when the Hormead ‘keeper could only parry a stinging shot from Ben Sams into the path of Fin Burchett who finished with ease.
Hormead equalised moments later with a crisp volley after Bassingbourn failed to deal with a bouncing ball, but the rest of the half was an even affair and Bourn relied upon some great saves from Charlie Catton and some excellent defensive work from Failletiaz, Puvvada, Caldwell and Struebel to keep Hormead at bay.
With the wind behind them, the second half was a much more one-sided affair and Bassingbourn spent most of the half camped around the Hormead penalty area.
But they struggled to find the killer touch until late in the game when Josh Thurlby latched onto a lovely through ball and coolly lobbed the onrushing ‘keeper. Bourn nearly increased their lead moments later when the ball looked to have crossed the line following a goalmouth m�l�e, but they had already done enough to earn the victory.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?