Bassingbourn continue winning form
Hormead U11s 1 Bassingbourn U11s 2
On a blustery day at the Meads, Bassingbourn kept up their winning run with a gutsy display.
In a tight first half Bourn tried to keep the ball on the ground and they took the lead when the Hormead ‘keeper could only parry a stinging shot from Ben Sams into the path of Fin Burchett who finished with ease.
Hormead equalised moments later with a crisp volley after Bassingbourn failed to deal with a bouncing ball, but the rest of the half was an even affair and Bourn relied upon some great saves from Charlie Catton and some excellent defensive work from Failletiaz, Puvvada, Caldwell and Struebel to keep Hormead at bay.
With the wind behind them, the second half was a much more one-sided affair and Bassingbourn spent most of the half camped around the Hormead penalty area.
You may also want to watch:
But they struggled to find the killer touch until late in the game when Josh Thurlby latched onto a lovely through ball and coolly lobbed the onrushing ‘keeper. Bourn nearly increased their lead moments later when the ball looked to have crossed the line following a goalmouth m�l�e, but they had already done enough to earn the victory.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended