Bassingbourn come out on top against the Tigers and Panthers
Bassingbourn Whites 2 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 1 Under-10s ANOTHER exciting game made it two wins out of two for Bassingbourn. Whites dominated the first half and took the lead just before the break when Matt Sutton scored after a goalmouth scramble. Tig
Bassingbourn Whites 2 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 1
ANOTHER exciting game made it two wins out of two for Bassingbourn.
Whites dominated the first half and took the lead just before the break when Matt Sutton scored after a goalmouth scramble.
You may also want to watch:
Tigers started the second half strongly but the Whites defence kept it tight before a swift counter-attack and a nice strike from Charlie Alsop doubled their lead.
Tigers got a deserved goal towards the end but Bassingbourn held on for a 2-1 win.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
Bassingbourn Reds 6 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 1
Reds kept up their winning start to the season thanks to some great attacking football. A stunning first half hat-trick from George French and a cool finish from Krishan Puvvada gave Reds a well deserved 4-0 half time lead.
A much closer second half followed with Panthers pushing to get into the game, but Reds continued to look dangerous and two goals from Ben Sams, including an outrageous lob from 20 yards, finished the game off. A fine strike from Dynamos late in the game made it 6-1.