Bassingbourn close in on league summit after Eaton Socon A victory
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn sit just four points off leaders Melbourn in the race for the Newmarket Motor Company Division 3A title after beating Eaton Socon A 3-1 on Saturday.
In their first home game in eight weeks, Bass showed no signs of nerves and took the lead in the fifth minute.
John Dunden’s dipping 20-yard drive was too good for the Socon custodian.
The visitors struggled to get into the game and it was soon 2-0 when Kerry Chaffey got on the end of Dunden’s cross. Bass continued to play their best football of the season and just before half-time, Danny Price made it 3-0.
Against the run of play, Socon took a chance with 20 minutes to go to make it 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Socon continued to rally but Bass looked in no danger of losing the three points.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange