Bassingbourn Bowls Club deliver 2015 league and cup success
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn Bowls Club are celebrating a successful 2015 season after being crowned champions in three separate leagues and also securing cup glory.
The club, boasting just 24 members, took the top prize in Division One of the Cambridge and District League, a competition made up of five divisions and 50 teams.
In addition, Bassingbourn, which has been in existence since the 1970s, also won the Meldreth League, the Business House Pairs League and the Bruce Elliott Memorial Shield.
Club captain Bill Manley said: “This would be a wonderful season for any club but given the limited number of bowlers available, it is almost unbelievable.
“Let’s hope we can build on this success and repeat the feat next season.”
You may also want to watch:
If anyone is interested in giving bowls a try, get in touch with Bill Manley via email - email@example.com. Bassingbourn Bowls Club are a very friendly club and new members will be most welcome.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims