Bassingbourn Bowls Club deliver 2015 league and cup success
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn Bowls Club are celebrating a successful 2015 season after being crowned champions in three separate leagues and also securing cup glory.
The club, boasting just 24 members, took the top prize in Division One of the Cambridge and District League, a competition made up of five divisions and 50 teams.
In addition, Bassingbourn, which has been in existence since the 1970s, also won the Meldreth League, the Business House Pairs League and the Bruce Elliott Memorial Shield.
Club captain Bill Manley said: “This would be a wonderful season for any club but given the limited number of bowlers available, it is almost unbelievable.
“Let’s hope we can build on this success and repeat the feat next season.”
You may also want to watch:
If anyone is interested in giving bowls a try, get in touch with Bill Manley via email - email@example.com. Bassingbourn Bowls Club are a very friendly club and new members will be most welcome.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start