Bassingbourn bow out of League Cup
Bassingbourn U12s 0 Ashwell U12s 3
Bassingbourn U12s bowed out of the League Cup with a 3-0 defeat at home to Ashwell.
Ashwell dominated the first half and would have probably gone ahead earlier had it not been for some good defending from James May and David Mansfield at the heart of the defence.
However they did go ahead towards the end of the first half despite some excellent saves from Dylan Lloyd in the Bourn goal.
The second half began with Bourn on the attack and forcing a number of corners from which they were unlucky not to grab the equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Gwynn, Jack Logan and Olly Johnson all performed well in midfield as Bourn went for the equaliser but Ashwell gradually got back into the game and forced a number of corners from which they were able to grab a second and a third to claim the win.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start