Bassingbourn bow out of League Cup
Bassingbourn U12s 0 Ashwell U12s 3
Bassingbourn U12s bowed out of the League Cup with a 3-0 defeat at home to Ashwell.
Ashwell dominated the first half and would have probably gone ahead earlier had it not been for some good defending from James May and David Mansfield at the heart of the defence.
However they did go ahead towards the end of the first half despite some excellent saves from Dylan Lloyd in the Bourn goal.
The second half began with Bourn on the attack and forcing a number of corners from which they were unlucky not to grab the equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Gwynn, Jack Logan and Olly Johnson all performed well in midfield as Bourn went for the equaliser but Ashwell gradually got back into the game and forced a number of corners from which they were able to grab a second and a third to claim the win.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims