Bassingbourn beat Baldock
Baldock Town Templers U12s 2 Bassingbourn Youth 3 Bassingbourn made it three wins from four as they came from two goals down to beat high-flying Templers on Sunday. Early chances for Ben Blower and Tom Needham were thwarted and at the other end, the
Baldock Town Templers U12s 2 Bassingbourn Youth 3
Bassingbourn made it three wins from four as they came from two goals down to beat high-flying Templers on Sunday.
Early chances for Ben Blower and Tom Needham were thwarted and at the other end, the back four of Luke Barrett, Charlie Colling, Harry Vines and Evan Goldman coped well with the Baldock attack until a high near post shot beat keeper Becan Davies to give the home team the lead.
Bassingbourn continued to press but found themselves two goals behind when the Templers forward found himself unmarked at the far post to tap home.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, after more chances for Bassingbourn, Ben Blower got onto the end of a through ball to slide past the keeper and score.
This gave 'bourn more confidence and the introduction of Callum Waller immediately paid off as he picked up a loose ball to lob the advancing keeper and level the match.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
In the second, the game was now end to end and despite playing uphill, Jacob Stekly, Blower, Waller and Needham all had good chances for the visitors and the Templer forwards twice missed clear chances and Davies pulled off two superb saves as he first pushed a shot around the post at full stretch and then got his finger tips to deflect a shot onto the bar.
With the match entering added time it was Tom Needham who got the glory as he raced through the Baldock defence to fire home the winner and give Bassingbourn all the point against the team third in the league.
Team: Davies, Vines, Goldman, Colling, Barrett, Beynon, Bullock, Stekly, Partridge, Blower, Needham. Subs: Waller, Kelly, Gumble