Bassingbourn beat Baldock
Baldock Town Templers U12s 2 Bassingbourn Youth 3 Bassingbourn made it three wins from four as they came from two goals down to beat high-flying Templers on Sunday. Early chances for Ben Blower and Tom Needham were thwarted and at the other end, the
Baldock Town Templers U12s 2 Bassingbourn Youth 3
Bassingbourn made it three wins from four as they came from two goals down to beat high-flying Templers on Sunday.
Early chances for Ben Blower and Tom Needham were thwarted and at the other end, the back four of Luke Barrett, Charlie Colling, Harry Vines and Evan Goldman coped well with the Baldock attack until a high near post shot beat keeper Becan Davies to give the home team the lead.
Bassingbourn continued to press but found themselves two goals behind when the Templers forward found himself unmarked at the far post to tap home.
Finally, after more chances for Bassingbourn, Ben Blower got onto the end of a through ball to slide past the keeper and score.
This gave 'bourn more confidence and the introduction of Callum Waller immediately paid off as he picked up a loose ball to lob the advancing keeper and level the match.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 8 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 9 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
In the second, the game was now end to end and despite playing uphill, Jacob Stekly, Blower, Waller and Needham all had good chances for the visitors and the Templer forwards twice missed clear chances and Davies pulled off two superb saves as he first pushed a shot around the post at full stretch and then got his finger tips to deflect a shot onto the bar.
With the match entering added time it was Tom Needham who got the glory as he raced through the Baldock defence to fire home the winner and give Bassingbourn all the point against the team third in the league.
Team: Davies, Vines, Goldman, Colling, Barrett, Beynon, Bullock, Stekly, Partridge, Blower, Needham. Subs: Waller, Kelly, Gumble