Bassingbourn bag second-half double
Bassingbourn 2 Litlington Res 0 BASSINGBOURN were made to work hard for their win, but an impressive second-half display saw them home to a deserved three points. The hosts started the game well, but despite dominating the opening 20 minutes with their
Litlington Res 0
BASSINGBOURN were made to work hard for their win, but an impressive second-half display saw them home to a deserved three points.
The hosts started the game well, but despite dominating the opening 20 minutes with their clever passing, they were left frustrated in front of goal.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Dundon had a good chance to put his side in front following a good move down the flank, but he blazed the ball over the bar, and Craig Hunter saw his shot bounce off the bar.
The rest of the half was a rather scrappy affair, as both teams battled for possession, although it was the visitors who almost went ahead only to see their effort ruled out for offside.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
In the second half Bassingbourn took the game to Litlington and were rewarded with a goal following some fine work by man-of-the-match Dean Chaffey, whose brilliant through ball was snapped up by James Edey.
The hosts looked comfortable from then on, and could have had more if their finishing had been a little sharper.
However, they did get a second when Sam Plumb's corner was headed home late on.
Bassingbourn: MacArthur; Andrews, Hagger, Marriage, Allen; Cook, Collins, D.Chaffey, Dundon; Humphries, Hunter. (Subs): Plumb, Edey, K.Chaffey, Bellies.