Bassingbourn bag second-half double
Bassingbourn 2 Litlington Res 0 BASSINGBOURN were made to work hard for their win, but an impressive second-half display saw them home to a deserved three points. The hosts started the game well, but despite dominating the opening 20 minutes with their
Litlington Res 0
BASSINGBOURN were made to work hard for their win, but an impressive second-half display saw them home to a deserved three points.
The hosts started the game well, but despite dominating the opening 20 minutes with their clever passing, they were left frustrated in front of goal.
You may also want to watch:
Jonathan Dundon had a good chance to put his side in front following a good move down the flank, but he blazed the ball over the bar, and Craig Hunter saw his shot bounce off the bar.
The rest of the half was a rather scrappy affair, as both teams battled for possession, although it was the visitors who almost went ahead only to see their effort ruled out for offside.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
In the second half Bassingbourn took the game to Litlington and were rewarded with a goal following some fine work by man-of-the-match Dean Chaffey, whose brilliant through ball was snapped up by James Edey.
The hosts looked comfortable from then on, and could have had more if their finishing had been a little sharper.
However, they did get a second when Sam Plumb's corner was headed home late on.
Bassingbourn: MacArthur; Andrews, Hagger, Marriage, Allen; Cook, Collins, D.Chaffey, Dundon; Humphries, Hunter. (Subs): Plumb, Edey, K.Chaffey, Bellies.