Bassingbourn at the double
Bassingbourn Under-10s Whites 2 Symonds Green Tigers 0 WHITES made it three wins and three clean sheets in a row with a hard fought victory over the Tigers in another fantastic game at the Rec. Tigers were looking to complete the double over Whites and t
Bassingbourn Under-10s Whites 2 Symonds Green Tigers 0
WHITES made it three wins and three clean sheets in a row with a hard fought victory over the Tigers in another fantastic game at the Rec.
Tigers were looking to complete the double over Whites and they just edged a fast-paced first half, but the Whites defence coped with everything Symonds Green had to throw at them.
With top scorer Andy Jones out injured, Oli Struebel returned to the Whites line up and put in a fantastic performance at the back along side the resolute Sam Lay, Alex Collet-Sinfield and 'keeper Charlie Catton to keep the Tigers at bay.
You may also want to watch:
Whites came out for the second half looking fired up and started to pressurise the Tigers defence with wave upon wave of attacks.
Striker Matt Sutton put his side ahead when he cut inside the last defender and curled a lovely shot inside the far post.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
The Tigers Keeper then performed further heroics with an excellent penalty save, but Whites kept pushing and grabbed a second with virtually the last kick off the game - Sam Lay scoring a goal direct from the corner that his all round play had deserved.