Bassingbourn and Broadhall play out eight-goal thriller
Bassingbourn U12s 4 Broadhall U12s 4
FOLLOWING the break due to the bad weather, Bassingbourn U12s resumed their league fixtures away at Broadhall in an entertaining game which ended 4-4.
Bassingbourn began the game brightly and displayed some great passing to carve out some early opportunities. Cameron MacGillivray followed a cross into the box and his shot was parried by the ‘keeper where it fell to Matt Tiffin who coolly chipped it into the back of the net to give Bassingbourn an early lead.
Broadhall got back into the game playing a ball over the top for their big centre forward, who held off Lewis Mansfiled and slotted the equaliser past Dylan Lloyd. Frustratingly Broadhall soon took the lead in a similar vein.
With David Mansfield in defence and Olly Johnson and Jack Logan being prominent in midfield, Bassingbourn always looked the better of the two teams and they responded magnificently when Max Logan was put through on goal from which he duly dispatched the equaliser. The teams turned round at half time with honours even.
You may also want to watch:
The second half began brightly for Bassingbourn with Tom Harrington and Michael Hicks combining to good effect down the left wing and they deservedly went ahead when Logan burst though the middle and put away his second of the game.
However, Bassingbourn were still determined to keep the entertainment level high and allowed Broadhall back in for two further goals. No sooner had Broadhall thought of shutting up shop had ball broke to Jack Logan on the edge of the box who sweetly struck the equaliser.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department