Bassingbourn add two more cups to complete impressive trophy haul for the season
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn’s glittering season came to a close with yet more triumphs and silverware.
The Recreation Ground-based football club had already claimed the Cambridgeshire Junior Cup for the first time as well as a third promotion in four years.
But two more finals were both played and won to cap a sweet season for Bass.
The first saw them beat Comberton 3-2 in the Foster Cup final. Matt Chapman got one of them while Anthony Lane added two.
A change of strip from white to red two days later didn't make a difference as a third cup was secured.
This one saw Orwell defeated 2-0 as Bassingbourn lifted the Bainbridge Cup.
Unsurprisingly Lane was the man of the moment once more as another brace took his final tally to 65 for the season.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
- 9 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 10 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
Manager Geoff Mills will hope the confidence generated will help them next season as they prepare for life in Kershaw Senior B.