Bassingbourn add two more cups to complete impressive trophy haul for the season
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn’s glittering season came to a close with yet more triumphs and silverware.
The Recreation Ground-based football club had already claimed the Cambridgeshire Junior Cup for the first time as well as a third promotion in four years.
But two more finals were both played and won to cap a sweet season for Bass.
The first saw them beat Comberton 3-2 in the Foster Cup final. Matt Chapman got one of them while Anthony Lane added two.
A change of strip from white to red two days later didn't make a difference as a third cup was secured.
You may also want to watch:
This one saw Orwell defeated 2-0 as Bassingbourn lifted the Bainbridge Cup.
Unsurprisingly Lane was the man of the moment once more as another brace took his final tally to 65 for the season.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Manager Geoff Mills will hope the confidence generated will help them next season as they prepare for life in Kershaw Senior B.