Bassingbourn add two more cups to complete impressive trophy haul for the season
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn’s glittering season came to a close with yet more triumphs and silverware.
The Recreation Ground-based football club had already claimed the Cambridgeshire Junior Cup for the first time as well as a third promotion in four years.
But two more finals were both played and won to cap a sweet season for Bass.
The first saw them beat Comberton 3-2 in the Foster Cup final. Matt Chapman got one of them while Anthony Lane added two.
A change of strip from white to red two days later didn't make a difference as a third cup was secured.
You may also want to watch:
This one saw Orwell defeated 2-0 as Bassingbourn lifted the Bainbridge Cup.
Unsurprisingly Lane was the man of the moment once more as another brace took his final tally to 65 for the season.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Manager Geoff Mills will hope the confidence generated will help them next season as they prepare for life in Kershaw Senior B.