Bass sink the Colts
Royston Town Youth Colts 1 Bassingbourn Youth 3 Under-12s Division Three IN just their third match since November, Bassingbourn Youth grabbed the points in their local derby with Royston Town Youth Colts. The match started with end-to-end football as the
Royston Town Youth Colts 1 Bassingbourn Youth 3
Under-12s Division Three
IN just their third match since November, Bassingbourn Youth grabbed the points in their local derby with Royston Town Youth Colts.
The match started with end-to-end football as the teams tested each other's defences.
You may also want to watch:
Bassingbourn's early threats came from Ben Blower who was fed from midfield by Callum Waller and Jacob Stekly, but the breakthrough came from Luke Barrett who controlled a corner ball and shot home from close range.
The rest of the half was a midfield battle with Nicholas Partridge, Jonny Marriage, Nathan Beynon and Callum Irons working hard for Bass.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Bass went 2-0 up from a second Barrett goal off a corner early after the break and then had to weather a storm of Royston attacks.
Defenders Harry Vines and Charlie Colling kept the ball away from goalkeeper-captain Becan Davies' goal until the middle of the half when Royston pulled one back from close range.
Into the crucial final 10 minutes, Bass' defence was holding firm with men-of-the-match Barrett and Evan Goldman refusing to let any Royston players past.
Bass held their nerve and were rewarded with a late goal for Tom Needham to finish 3-1 victors.