Bass sink the Colts
Royston Town Youth Colts 1 Bassingbourn Youth 3 Under-12s Division Three IN just their third match since November, Bassingbourn Youth grabbed the points in their local derby with Royston Town Youth Colts. The match started with end-to-end football as the
Royston Town Youth Colts 1 Bassingbourn Youth 3
Under-12s Division Three
IN just their third match since November, Bassingbourn Youth grabbed the points in their local derby with Royston Town Youth Colts.
The match started with end-to-end football as the teams tested each other's defences.
Bassingbourn's early threats came from Ben Blower who was fed from midfield by Callum Waller and Jacob Stekly, but the breakthrough came from Luke Barrett who controlled a corner ball and shot home from close range.
The rest of the half was a midfield battle with Nicholas Partridge, Jonny Marriage, Nathan Beynon and Callum Irons working hard for Bass.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Bass went 2-0 up from a second Barrett goal off a corner early after the break and then had to weather a storm of Royston attacks.
Defenders Harry Vines and Charlie Colling kept the ball away from goalkeeper-captain Becan Davies' goal until the middle of the half when Royston pulled one back from close range.
Into the crucial final 10 minutes, Bass' defence was holding firm with men-of-the-match Barrett and Evan Goldman refusing to let any Royston players past.
Bass held their nerve and were rewarded with a late goal for Tom Needham to finish 3-1 victors.