Bass sink the Colts
Royston Town Youth Colts 1 Bassingbourn Youth 3 Under-12s Division Three IN just their third match since November, Bassingbourn Youth grabbed the points in their local derby with Royston Town Youth Colts. The match started with end-to-end football as the
Royston Town Youth Colts 1 Bassingbourn Youth 3
Under-12s Division Three
IN just their third match since November, Bassingbourn Youth grabbed the points in their local derby with Royston Town Youth Colts.
The match started with end-to-end football as the teams tested each other's defences.
You may also want to watch:
Bassingbourn's early threats came from Ben Blower who was fed from midfield by Callum Waller and Jacob Stekly, but the breakthrough came from Luke Barrett who controlled a corner ball and shot home from close range.
The rest of the half was a midfield battle with Nicholas Partridge, Jonny Marriage, Nathan Beynon and Callum Irons working hard for Bass.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Bass went 2-0 up from a second Barrett goal off a corner early after the break and then had to weather a storm of Royston attacks.
Defenders Harry Vines and Charlie Colling kept the ball away from goalkeeper-captain Becan Davies' goal until the middle of the half when Royston pulled one back from close range.
Into the crucial final 10 minutes, Bass' defence was holding firm with men-of-the-match Barrett and Evan Goldman refusing to let any Royston players past.
Bass held their nerve and were rewarded with a late goal for Tom Needham to finish 3-1 victors.