Barwise enjoys knock-out trip to Derby
Royston new-boy too strong much-fancied opponent
ROYSTON Boxing Club’s Billy Barwise, 15, enjoyed a knock-out trip to Derby recently.
The 103kg superheavyweight travelled to the midlands to face a much-fancied James Hucklesby of Pegasus Boxing Club in an Open Match. However, the bout was all over in just the second round when Barwise knocked his opponent out with a sweet right-hook.
Hucklesby had already had a standing count in the first round after Barwise caught him with a hard left.
Billy is the son of new Royston Boxing Club coach Karl Barwise, who, along with his son and five other young hopefuls, has moved to Royston from Bishop’s Stortford Boxing Club.
You may also want to watch:
Karl is an ex-professional boxer from south London and he is keen to take the club to a new level after five years under different management. There are 20 young boxers who train with Karl every night and he is hopeful of arranging a trip to Ireland for some of them to fight in February.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims