Barwise continues unbeaten run
Royston fighter too strong for Lodhi
BOXER Billy Barwise continued his unbeaten run with victory over Hammad Lodhi on Friday night in Eastgate.
Barwise, 15, of Royston Boxing Club, dominated from the opening bell and won via a unanimous decision against the formally unbeaten Wisbech fighter.
Lodhi, as well as Barwise, went into the fight with a good reputation but the Royston heavyweight proved too strong for his opponent. He picked Lodhi off with straight left-hand jabs in the first round before forcing a standing eight-count after landing a hard left hook at the end of the second round.
It was a similar story in the third and final round where Barwise continued to control the fight and forced another standing count of eight to leave the judges with little to think about at the final bell.
It was an impressive win for Barwise whose reputation gets stronger with every fight.
It is also hoped he will be entered into the Junior ABA’s in the new year.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'