Barwise continues unbeaten run
Royston fighter too strong for Lodhi
BOXER Billy Barwise continued his unbeaten run with victory over Hammad Lodhi on Friday night in Eastgate.
Barwise, 15, of Royston Boxing Club, dominated from the opening bell and won via a unanimous decision against the formally unbeaten Wisbech fighter.
Lodhi, as well as Barwise, went into the fight with a good reputation but the Royston heavyweight proved too strong for his opponent. He picked Lodhi off with straight left-hand jabs in the first round before forcing a standing eight-count after landing a hard left hook at the end of the second round.
It was a similar story in the third and final round where Barwise continued to control the fight and forced another standing count of eight to leave the judges with little to think about at the final bell.
You may also want to watch:
It was an impressive win for Barwise whose reputation gets stronger with every fight.
It is also hoped he will be entered into the Junior ABA’s in the new year.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire