Barwise continues unbeaten run
Royston fighter too strong for Lodhi
BOXER Billy Barwise continued his unbeaten run with victory over Hammad Lodhi on Friday night in Eastgate.
Barwise, 15, of Royston Boxing Club, dominated from the opening bell and won via a unanimous decision against the formally unbeaten Wisbech fighter.
Lodhi, as well as Barwise, went into the fight with a good reputation but the Royston heavyweight proved too strong for his opponent. He picked Lodhi off with straight left-hand jabs in the first round before forcing a standing eight-count after landing a hard left hook at the end of the second round.
It was a similar story in the third and final round where Barwise continued to control the fight and forced another standing count of eight to leave the judges with little to think about at the final bell.
You may also want to watch:
It was an impressive win for Barwise whose reputation gets stronger with every fight.
It is also hoped he will be entered into the Junior ABA’s in the new year.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation