Barley post too-low total
Barley 1st XI v Wilbrahams 1st XI DESPITE some good moments, Barley were unable to overcome Wilbrahams. Rain has been a thorn in Barley s side for two weeks running and after being put into bat on the damp pitch they again struggled with the conditions.
Barley 1st XI v
Wilbrahams 1st XI
DESPITE some good moments, Barley were unable to overcome Wilbrahams.
Rain has been a thorn in Barley's side for two weeks running and after being put into bat on the damp pitch they again struggled with the conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Walters and Bruce Carnaby played a few decent early shots but never really got to grips with the wicket.
While mistakes from Brian Symes and Jason Busby saw them joining them in the pavilion, Keith Markham tried hard to turn things around and Peter Chuck played some fine shots before he was caught and bowled.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
Eric and Mark Davis came together in a stand of 29 in the last few overs. Barley had only managed 151 off their 40 overs.
In reply, Wilbrahams started briskly, needing less than four an over. Carnaby saw off the openers with the help of Busby and Allan, who took some good catches.
However, the bowling was out of sorts and though Davis, McMahon and Symes tried hard the Wilbraham batsmen cruised to victory in the 31st over.