Barley fall to NCI in cup match
Barley v NCI BARLEY were unable to defeat a strong NCI side in the Cambridgeshire Junior Cup. Put into bat, the Cambridge team started off badly as some fiery bowling from paceman Chris Allan saw Barley dismiss three of the NCI top order with only 19 on
Barley v NCI
BARLEY were unable to defeat a strong NCI side in the Cambridgeshire Junior Cup.
Put into bat, the Cambridge team started off badly as some fiery bowling from paceman Chris Allan saw Barley dismiss three of the NCI top order with only 19 on the board.
Things looked good for Barley after more good work from Allan, as he bowled a ball that hit Allcock on the full in front of his stumps.
You may also want to watch:
The batsman walked off but the NCI umpire failed to dismiss the Kenyan international - a decision that was highly-contested by Barley.
To make matters worse, Allcock then went on to score a superb 74 despite excellent bowling from Anthony Astead, Peter Markham and Brian Symes.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
NCI scored a respectable 165.
In reply, Barley started soundly but soon their batsman started playing risky shots on the back of some easy paced bowling.
Brian Symes and Chris Markham played well and put on 70 together. Once Markham was caught behind, however, Barley's long and fragile tail was exposed and despite the valiant efforts of Keith Markham, Pip George and Christopher Mann, the NCI team won the day.