Barkway lose to Bourne
BARKWAY Park Golf Club lost their away match to Bourne in the Mail on Sunday National Club Classic on Saturday.
Bourne won three of the singles matches, with the other two being halved, and so ran out 4-1 winners after a very competitive morning’s golf.
Barkway Park Captain, Bruce Knapp, said: “The match started in freezing conditions, but the day quickly turned bright and sunny. The course was in good condition and enjoyable to play. We were made very welcome at Bourne and the match was played in the right spirit.”
Meanwhile, Barkway’s Monthly Medal competition was a closely-fought affair. Division One was won by Rob Dunderdale with a net score of 71 while Greg Smith took second place (73) ahead of Mike Rogers and Alf Jackson.
John Johnson was Division Two winner with a very creditable net 67. Lawrance Westrip (71) was second, beating Dave Francis and David Cowper on count back.
You may also want to watch:
Barkway Seniors’ Friday Merit was won by Bill Rodda with 39 points. The runner-up spot was taken by Kevin Lacy with 36 points over Alan Rogerson and Geoff Piggott, again on count back.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn