Barkway lose to Bourne
BARKWAY Park Golf Club lost their away match to Bourne in the Mail on Sunday National Club Classic on Saturday.
Bourne won three of the singles matches, with the other two being halved, and so ran out 4-1 winners after a very competitive morning’s golf.
Barkway Park Captain, Bruce Knapp, said: “The match started in freezing conditions, but the day quickly turned bright and sunny. The course was in good condition and enjoyable to play. We were made very welcome at Bourne and the match was played in the right spirit.”
Meanwhile, Barkway’s Monthly Medal competition was a closely-fought affair. Division One was won by Rob Dunderdale with a net score of 71 while Greg Smith took second place (73) ahead of Mike Rogers and Alf Jackson.
John Johnson was Division Two winner with a very creditable net 67. Lawrance Westrip (71) was second, beating Dave Francis and David Cowper on count back.
You may also want to watch:
Barkway Seniors’ Friday Merit was won by Bill Rodda with 39 points. The runner-up spot was taken by Kevin Lacy with 36 points over Alan Rogerson and Geoff Piggott, again on count back.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended