Barkway Golf Club round-up
BARKWAY Park Golf Club’s men enjoyed a 3-2 victory over New Malton Golf Club in The Derek Burridge Cup on Sunday.
The win earns Barkway a semi-final place at home to Elton Furze on Sunday, July 18.
Rob Dunderdale put together an almost faultless round of golf on Sunday to win the June Stableford competition with 40 points.
As usual, the competition was played over two days and Saturday’s victor, Kevin Streeting, scored 39 points to claim second place overall. Gavin Osborne carded 38 points to take third spot.
On Friday, Barkway Seniors met for their monthly nine-hole Stableford competition. The winner was Paul Elkington with 21 points, closely followed by Johnny Plackett on 19.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Crabbe, also with 19 points, was beaten into third place on count back.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s