Barkway Golf Club round-up
BARKWAY Park Golf Club’s men enjoyed a 3-2 victory over New Malton Golf Club in The Derek Burridge Cup on Sunday.
The win earns Barkway a semi-final place at home to Elton Furze on Sunday, July 18.
Rob Dunderdale put together an almost faultless round of golf on Sunday to win the June Stableford competition with 40 points.
As usual, the competition was played over two days and Saturday’s victor, Kevin Streeting, scored 39 points to claim second place overall. Gavin Osborne carded 38 points to take third spot.
On Friday, Barkway Seniors met for their monthly nine-hole Stableford competition. The winner was Paul Elkington with 21 points, closely followed by Johnny Plackett on 19.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Crabbe, also with 19 points, was beaten into third place on count back.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show