Bance retains Royston Golf Club’s Championships title
- Credit: Archant
Ollie Bance recaptured Royston Golf Club’s Championships title for the second year in a row on Sunday.
In the 36 hole competition, Bance returned 147, two shots clear of second-placed Peter Rutter.
In the Single Figure Cup, Matt Barrett won with a net score of 139.
The 18 hole Stableford competition winner was Graham Toby with 34 points on countback from Gary Pullin.
The Saturday Swindle competitors endured rainy conditions, but Arthur Brennan made light work of it with a winning points total of 37.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Hammond beat Christopher Taylor to second on countback as both returned to the club house with 34 points.
The club’s poor run of results continued in their Mixed Greensomes match away at St Ives as they lost five and a half to one and a half.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange