Bance retains Royston Golf Club’s Championships title
- Credit: Archant
Ollie Bance recaptured Royston Golf Club’s Championships title for the second year in a row on Sunday.
In the 36 hole competition, Bance returned 147, two shots clear of second-placed Peter Rutter.
In the Single Figure Cup, Matt Barrett won with a net score of 139.
The 18 hole Stableford competition winner was Graham Toby with 34 points on countback from Gary Pullin.
The Saturday Swindle competitors endured rainy conditions, but Arthur Brennan made light work of it with a winning points total of 37.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Hammond beat Christopher Taylor to second on countback as both returned to the club house with 34 points.
The club’s poor run of results continued in their Mixed Greensomes match away at St Ives as they lost five and a half to one and a half.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs