Baldock win on the road in awful conditions
Bishop s Stortford Blues 0 Baldock Town Knights 2 Under-11s Division Two THESE were the worst conditions seen this season and it was a credit to both teams that they battled on and finished the match. There was strong wind, driving rain and hail to deal w
Bishop's Stortford Blues 0 Baldock Town Knights 2
Under-11s Division Two
THESE were the worst conditions seen this season and it was a credit to both teams that they battled on and finished the match.
There was strong wind, driving rain and hail to deal with for most of the game with Baldock just edging it with a goal in the first half and then another just before the final whistle.
The Blues did their best with a good defensive display from Daniel Cox, Tom Rawlings and Ben Hegley throughout the game and then Sam Byrne in the second half.
There was plenty of running from the forwards as usual but unfortunately the conditions made it difficult to convert the chances the Blues created.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
Credit should be given to Baldock for winning on the road in weather that would possibly have led to the game being called off had it started to come down earlier in the day.