Baldock win on the road in awful conditions
Bishop s Stortford Blues 0 Baldock Town Knights 2 Under-11s Division Two THESE were the worst conditions seen this season and it was a credit to both teams that they battled on and finished the match. There was strong wind, driving rain and hail to deal w
Bishop's Stortford Blues 0 Baldock Town Knights 2
Under-11s Division Two
THESE were the worst conditions seen this season and it was a credit to both teams that they battled on and finished the match.
There was strong wind, driving rain and hail to deal with for most of the game with Baldock just edging it with a goal in the first half and then another just before the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
The Blues did their best with a good defensive display from Daniel Cox, Tom Rawlings and Ben Hegley throughout the game and then Sam Byrne in the second half.
There was plenty of running from the forwards as usual but unfortunately the conditions made it difficult to convert the chances the Blues created.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
Credit should be given to Baldock for winning on the road in weather that would possibly have led to the game being called off had it started to come down earlier in the day.