Baldock Town Youth round-up

THE under-13 Templars kept their hopes of finishing Division One runners-up very much alive after winning 2-0 at Fairlands in mid-week and returning from leaders Bishop s Stortford with a point after a 1-1 draw. The under-11 Lancers continued their good e

THE under-13 Templars kept their hopes of finishing Division One runners-up very much alive after winning 2-0 at Fairlands in mid-week and returning from leaders Bishop's Stortford with a point after a 1-1 draw.

The under-11 Lancers continued their good end of season form as they collected another three points with a 3-2 win over Buntingford Cougars.

The under-12 Templars hopes of securing the Division One championship remain in the balance as they were held to a 3-3 draw at Royston Town despite goals from Anthony Geary, Declan Sayer and Bonham Harper.

The under-12 Knights last game of the season ended in defeat, but they produced one of their best performances against FC Comet.

You may also want to watch:

Despite conceding two early goals the Knights fought back and reduced the deficit through Tom Middleton after a fine passing move.

With goalkeeper Jordan Pope pulling off some fine saves, the Knights dominated after the break but could not get the equalising goal, to finally lose by 2-1.

Most Read

The under-13 Knights made it five wins on the trot as they returned from Thaxted Rangers with a 5-0 win. George Laurence and Jordan Davis were both on target twice with Charan Basra completing the scoring.

The under-13 Lancers also achieved an excellent result as a single Alec Maguire goal gave them the points in a 1-0 win at Weston.

There were mixed fortunes for the under-14 Templars in their double header against Bennington. A Tyron Saunders goal could not prevent the Templars slipping to a 3-1 defeat in the first game. The second match however was a different story as Tyron Saunders was again on target, and with Adam Furness also scoring the Templars gained revenge with a 2-1 victory.

The under-14 Crusaders slipped to a 2-0 defeat at Pin Green.

The under-14 Knights show no sign of easing up even though the Division Four title is virtually theirs, as they hammered Royston Celtic 7-0.

The under-15 Lancers maintained their Division Two promotion hopes as two goals from Joel Strickland and one from Sam Frazer-Bossom earned them a valuable 3-2 win at Stansted.

The under-15 Crusaders and Fairlands produced an exciting and closely fought game before the Crusaders finally ran out 4-3 winners, with Max Fletcher grabbing a hat-trick before Chris Brooking scored the winner in the closing minutes.

The under-16 Crusaders were another team to have contrasting fortunes in a double header at Buntingford Cougars.

A Josh Furness hat-trick was enough to give the Crusaders a 3-2 win in the first match, and although they dominated the second game for long period's they wasted half a dozen clear cut chances, finally paying the price as Buntingford scored two late goals to give them a 2-0 victory.

The under-18 Crusaders made a flying start against Stevenage Colts finding themselves 6-1 up at half-time, thanks to an Adam Harper hat-trick and further goals from Tom Flatman, Martin Kingsley and Joe Greenland.

In the second Martin Streets added a seventh before the Colts produced a spirited fight back to make the final score 7-5.

Baldock Town Youth Templars 2 Thaxted Rangers U-11 4

TEMPLARS rounded off their season with a defeat against high-flying Rangers.

After a battling first five minutes Thaxted took the lead with a good lob over the keeper's head.

Connor Doyle went close to bringing Baldock level after 10 minutes but then Thaxted doubled their lead with an extraordinary goal from the halfway line.

A minute later George Higginson shot wide for Baldock. But if Baldock could not score in open play free kicks were to prove very different.

William Budd scored Baldock's first with a superb strike into the top corner after 25 minutes to make it 2-1. Thaxted hit back with a free kick of their own two minutes later.

Just before half-time Templars created chances down both wings, first Daniel Nicholson crossing from the right but Budd's shot was deflected over, then Mark Rogers with a cross from the left wing but Higginson shot wide.

Thaxted started the second half strongly and Sam Kendle made two great stops in the Baldock goal.

Baldock won another free kick which Jordan Massey buried in the top corner for 3-2. But Thaxted again hit back with a good goal on the break.

Captain Elodie Blanchfield, playing her final game for the club, made a fantastic tackle to break up another Thaxted attack, but try as they might Baldock could not find another goal as Thaxted defended strongly in the latter stages.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter