Baldock make it three wins in a row
Baldock Knights U-13 1 Bishop s Stortford 0 KNIGHTS made it three wins In succession with a victory against strugglers Stortford. Connan Scahill and Jordon Davies in the heart of the Baldock defence simply started were they left off last week and held off
Baldock Knights U-13 1 Bishop's Stortford 0
KNIGHTS made it three wins In succession with a victory against strugglers Stortford.
Connan Scahill and Jordon Davies in the heart of the Baldock defence simply started were they left off last week and held off the visitors early attacks.
Baldock then started to move up a gear and the in form George Laurence and Josh Dobson were starting to get amongst the Stortford defence.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors almost went behind after an unmarked Charan Basra went through but his shot was cleared off the line.
Baldock again pushed forward and an intelligent Stevie Scarlino pass cut through the Stortford midfield, to find n Basra who laid the ball off to an oncoming Jordon Davis, only to see his shot blaze over the crossbar.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Despite soaking up a lot of pressure, the visitors could have taken the lead after a quick Stortford counter attack saw the ball go narrowly wide, but it was the Knights who broke the deadlock
A tremendous long range effort from Baldock's Brandon Cockwill, cannoned off the post, however an oncoming Jordan Davis was quick to react and hit the rebound into the net to make it 1-0.
Baldock quickly went in search for another goal and once again George Laurence and Jordon Davis went close but a deliberate, goal-line handball by a Stortford defender saw Baldock's resulting penalty missed.
The second half saw Baldock take the lion's share of possession and Chris Weeks started to dominate the midfield. It was Weeks who put through Josh Dobson whose effort went just wide.
Stortford were not out of it completely and a change of tactic saw them revert to a long ball game. Baldock were almost caught out but for the excellent Jordan Morley whose sliding tackle saved the situation
George Leete and particularly Jordan Davies were having an excellent game and it was Davies who had another two efforts go narrowly wide.